Welcome to Griffith Motor Company
Open Today! Sales: 8am-6pm | Call us at: 417-312-9059
A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY
Griffith Motor Company is not only 85 years old, but we have been owned by the same family for that entire 85 years. Jerry Griffith, current owner, is the grandson of the original Griffith Motor Company owner, Homer Griffith.
Homer opened a used car lot in 1933. It was located on Spring Street just off the square in Neosho, Missouri. His son, Billie, worked there from the time he was 13 years old. Billie took over ownership from Homer. Jerry Griffith started working at the dealership in 1969. He took over as owner in the 1980’s. Jerry’s children, Jenny Griffith-Spiva and Evan Griffith both currently work at the dealership.
In 1939, Griffith Motor Company obtained the Pontiac franchise and moved to the Neosho Boulevard location around that time. Cadillac was added in 1948. GMC Trucks were added in 1955.
In 1979, Buick was added. To make room for the added vehicles, Griffith Motor Company moved to their current location on Harmony Street and Business 49. In 1993, they finished out the General Motors lines by adding Oldsmobile and Chevrolet. We are one of the few family-owned full-line General Motors dealerships in our area.
Our location and look may have changed over the years, but our business plan is the same. Treating people right is our number one priority.